RE: [Orion] CW monitor

To: Orion@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Orion] CW monitor
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:17:34 -0500
Hi Duane,

This seems to make a lot of sense to me too,

73's
Rich
K5SF

From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] CW monitor
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:43:10 -0500

Here's one I noticed last night regarding the CW monitor that I haven't
heard discussed.  I was straining to pull YA8G out of the noise on 20m CW
with the Main RX listening to him and the SubRX (and TX) on the pileup on
VFOB.  So, I have the main in my left ear and the Sub in my right ear.
Where should the CW monitor be?  It should be heard where the TX
frequency is - i.e., in my right ear so I'm hearing it against the
pileup.  Where was it?  In my left ear on the Main RX making it very
difficult to hear when the DX station started calling someone.  So, my
question:  Is the CW monitor steerable?  I don't see any selection for
that, and, if not, has anyone requested this option yet?  (I'm going to
send a note on it since this is counterintuitive and not useful if it
can't be changed.)  To my way of thinking, the CW monitor should follow
where you have the TX set.

73, Duane