RE: [Orion] RFI from Orion mic input - bad info

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Orion] RFI from Orion mic input - bad info
From: "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:30:07 -0400
I had problems with RF & the Orion.  For that matter, I had
some problems with RF with my TS-850.  Removing the Heil mic
in both cases would cure the problem.  The solution?

I put an unun (specifically a RadioWorks T-4 Plus) on the
feedline from my matchbox.  Too much rf was being induced
into my ladder-line fed dipole and landing in the shack.  The
unun cleared it up.

ymmv

73,
Tom Wagner - N1MM
Check out the N1MM Free Contest Logger at:
http://www.n1mm.com
(and yes, it supports the Orion)