[Orion] VOX inop on Orion??

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] VOX inop on Orion??
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:27:23 -0500
Does anyone else have a problem getting VOX to work on SSB?  In trying to
debug my ProSet connections to the radio this evening, I found that I
cannot make VOX work no matter what I set the mic gain, VOX trip, or
anti-VOX levels to.  This is with 2 different microphones (ProSet HM-5,
and the Ten-Tec 705 with the switch in VOX position).  Yes, I turned VOX
on, but you'd never know it!  I'm not a vox user, but there is no other
way than PTT to get this rig to transmit since there is no front panel
T/R button.

        73,  Duane