Re: [Orion] VOX inop on Orion?? -- Never mind!

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] VOX inop on Orion?? -- Never mind!
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:45:39 -0500
Sorry to bother the list.  I found my problem (and potentially another
one as well).  Something is intermittently opening in the microphone line
of the ProSet - sounds like the ground, so looks like I've got a job
ahead of me to take it apart and discover the problem.  Don't know why
the 705 also wasn't working, but found that even with it's PTT/VOX switch
set in the VOX position, I need to set the PTT line positive to get it to
work.  It may be on this older mic that is how +10V is routed to the
electret element.  Anyway, sorry for the noise.

        73,  Duane