Re: [Orion] Orion&ACOM-2000 TX/CW issue

To: ua3ap@smtp.ru
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion&ACOM-2000 TX/CW issue
From: HeathlinerSB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:16:16 EDT

In einer eMail vom 21.09.2004 21:36:57 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
ua3ap@smtp.ru:

Dear  Orion users:

I'm looking for Orion users who run it with ACOM 2000.  I've
got the following issue while transmitting CW. Within some
time  after I start TX in CW mode, ACOM-2000 alarming "ARC
fault". If I use  ACOM-2000 with another rig (Ft-1000MP)
problem goes away.

I would  very appreciate if users with the same set up will
share with me their  experience.

Thanks in advance

73, Sergei -  UA3AP
Moscow

Hi Sergei!
I use the Orion with the Acom 1000. ARC fault is shown, while "hot
switching" the TX / RX relay of the amp. U can use a longer CW QSK Delay or Ext
 T/R
Delay in the menu CW or TX of the Orion. This should help.
Vy 73, Randolf,DL6KAI