Re: [Orion] mixing Orion with MixW ??

To: dbp@tds.net
Subject: Re: [Orion] mixing Orion with MixW ??
From: "Tom Azlin, N4ZPT" <tom@n4zpt.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:13:55 -0500
Hi Dave,

In addition to Carl's info on the data rate for the serial port, have RTS and DTR set always on then use PTT via CAT for all MixW modes with my Orion. Works very nicely. Just a couple audio cables and the serial cable.

73, Tom n4zpt

dbp@tds.net wrote:

Hi-
How can I get the Orion to talk with my registered MixW.
Orion set up:
-PSK works fine, but that just uses the sound card. -I use RTS set to PTT to switch to TX thru a small relay when using PSK. -DTR is set "always off". -The serial port is set to 9600-8-n-1. -I have tried "CAT" in the software set both checked and unchecked.
-The serial cable for the Orion is straight thru with all nine pins wired.
-MixW is set to TT Orion.

Am I missing a software switch somewhere?
Thanks for the bandwidth.
73 de Dave