Re: [Orion] AGC/NR Interaction?

To: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>, rein@couperus.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] AGC/NR Interaction?
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:38:26 -0500
Rein and Sinisa, thanks for your interest. I didn't look the S-meter when I was experiencing the problem and it seemed to me that the noise did not increase in proportion to the NR setting. I have observed this problem more than a few times. However, I was on 30M last night and the NR seemed to be behaving properly. Nevertheless, there's no doubt something is going on here.

I am going to have to try to reproduce the symptom under controlled conditions. I also am using the N4PY interface. I will check the problem directly through the Orion. I'll keep you posted.

73, Joe

Sinisa Hristov wrote:

Joe Giacobello wrote:

noticed that with the AGC at any threshold setting other than
minimum (0.38), the noise actually increased considerably when I
activated the NR.

Did the signal increase in the same proportion, or more, or less?

73,

Sinisa YT1NT, VE3EA