Re: [Orion] Bugs and Firmware Suggestions for Orion

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Bugs and Firmware Suggestions for Orion
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:10:06 -0500
Some interesting points presented here. I do not agree with all mentioned in the original thread, but different strokes for different folks. I do however have some potential work arounds that might help you until or if TT does not implement your suggestions:

For mode selection and rapid qsy why not use your logging program and simply type in the frequency and press enter, or type in the mode and press enter. What your logging program does not allow this? Try N1MM contest logger. Works FB and is priced right...it is freeware.

To tune with a particular power use either a tuning pulser (preferred) or set your foot switch up for lock key on cw and just use the foot switch to key the radio/amp. That way you only have one knob to twist, the power output control. After a year of constant use I have yet to use the "tune" button. 73 bob de w9ge