RE: [Orion] Orion

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Orion] Orion
From: "Kamar" <kamar@inr.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:47:08 -0500
I have had my Orion since Sep 03 and have applied all of the software
revisions.  I am a dxer (SSB and CW).  I don't use features such as the
keying loop.  The Noise Reduction function is the best I have come across.

I turn my Orion on every Friday evening and usually gets turned off Monday
morning just before going to work (except for thunderstorms).  I don't have
to 'reboot' my Orion, my modem, my TNC, my computer, etc.........  The point
is I do not have RFI problems in the shack and I don't have to reboot my
Orion.  Coincidence?????

The Orion 'sweep' function is not what it should be.......

The Orion is the best ham radio that I have had  (had Heathkits SB300, SB303
receivers, Kenwood 930 and 940, and Icom 765 and 775DSP rigs)  I had 'design
flaws' in the Kenwoods and Icoms to which I had the privilege of paying to
get them fixed.  Every wonder why there are no more Kenwood top end radios
or why the 756 PRO is in its third iteration?????

If you looking for a great DX radio with free Software updates that do fix
functions and add some new features then it's the Orion.

By the way, this if my first TenTec and I am impressed (doesn't have the
glitter of the other radios though, but a strong and reliable piece of
equipment).

Ron ... NU1U