Re: [Orion] Orion: Non Tuner Orion

To: Vince <k7na@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion: Non Tuner Orion
From: Joe Malloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:25:24 -0500
Vince wrote:

>      I am planning to order a non-tuner Orion this summer. The timing is
>rather critical in that I want the unit to arrive around July 5th just
>following the departure of my XYL on her European vacation. I plan to stay
>home for two weeks from work, receive my Orion and hopefully have two
>uninterrupted weeks of ham radio bliss before she returns and demands to
>know, "What is THAT?!"
>    I'm told by TT that the wait is about 30 days. I get the impression from
>recent posts that the REAL wait is quite a bit longer. What is the real wait
>time and when should I plan to call TT to place the order? Inquiring minds
>need to know!
>
>Vince K7NA

Vince, you can do what I did: ask for delivery not earlier than a
certain date and no later than another.  I did this for Christmas 2003
and placed the order for the Orion in mid-November; Ten-Tec saw to it
that it was delivered three days before the 25th!  Of course, they do
not charge your credit card until the radio is actually shipped, so
order early!

73,

Joe, W2RBA