[Orion] Orion Off Frequency?

Subject: [Orion] Orion Off Frequency?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:40:57 -0500
[I've cross posted this to the Ten Tec Reflector]

When running this weekend during the CQ 160 SSB contest, it seemed that everyone calling me came in low by about 500 hz or so.
It was rather consistant and very weird.

I sent and email to K3ZO asking how I sounded. Fred came back with the following:

 "Your voice was very low pitched and your audio sounded somewhat
 metallic, though actually very distinctive and I thought kinda
 cool.  But maybe some people were trying to make you sound more high
 pitched by slope detecting a bit."

My voice is low-ish, but it appears that I'm doing something wr

I'm using a Heil ProSet with HC4 element, and the TX settings on the radio were at the defaults. My filter lineup is all INRAD:

756 (2.4 KHz, replacing the TT filter that comes with the radio from the dfactory -- I had this in my Omni 6+)
761 (!.8 KHz)
762 (600 hz)

TT suggested I change the TX rolloff to 300 hz (the max).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC