[Orion] Orion VOX & PTT problems

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion VOX & PTT problems
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:55:32 -0700
I connected my Heil Pro-Set OK, connecting the shield to pin 2 of the mic
connector and left the shell floating.  It sounds OK on the monitor using
PTT connected to the CW jack on the from panel, with the appropriate menu
setting to use that jack as PTT on SSB. The MIC level and speech processor
seem to work fine.

However, I can't get the VOX to work. Yes, I have VOX turned on using the
front-panel button.  I turned off antivox and am using headphones.  I tried
varying the VOX sensitivity to no avail.

I can't get pin 3 on the DIN aux jack using the black phono jack on the
provided cable to work either, either as PTT on CW (menu set to MOX) or with
SSB.  I am trying it with a footswitch that works OK when connected to the
front-panel CW jack, as I mentioned.

Am I missing something?  Thanks.

Jim N7US