[Orion] First issue V1.372 software

To: "Orion Reflector" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] First issue V1.372 software
From: "Charlie, W0YG" <w0yg@myawai.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:25:10 -0000
I have gotten into the habit of touching something grounded before turning
on my Orion.  In Colorado the static buildup due to low humidity and carpets
can be shocking, not to mention surprising.  Anyhow, I touched the system
ground in the shack that runs behind my 565AT, then turned on the Orion.
All seemed well as it was on 14.085 RTTY.  I changed bands to 160M and the
frequency came up 0.000!  Nothing I could do would change that frequency.  I
quickly did an A/B switch push and the contents of VFO B now became a 20M
reading on VFO A.  Again selecting 160M the frequency went to 0.000!
Nothing I could do would change band or frequency.  So, I turned off the rig
and turned it back on.  Still 0.000!  I did a hard reset but told it to
remember all my user inputs.  I got the same symptoms after turning on the
rig again, display reads 20M frequency, select 160M and 0.000!

The key was a hard reset followed by clearing out everything in memory.  I
had to re-input all my user settings but at least the Orion is back on
track.  No sparks, no ESD no nothing to cause this problem.

Anyone else seen this happening?

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>