[Orion] Heresy

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Heresy
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:20:20 -0500
N1JM wrote:
 >The audio clipping on very strong signals in an Orion is a known issue. I
know of a couple of others besides myself that have the problem. I noticed
it after installing 1.372.

         True.  I believe the DSP is being over-driven.  There is
supposed to be an analog AGC loop to prevent this for signals
 >S9+35 but something has obviously caused it to stop functioning.
Should not be difficult to fix this but probably not before the
rumored 2.0 firmware update.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV