Re: [Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion

To: Jim McDonald <jim@n7us.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion
From: Jay Terleski <jayt@arraysolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:54:25 -0500
Thanks, Jim.
I own the N4PY software for the rig, and am not a power user yet.  But
will have a look.
But I am not sure this solves my situation, think about contesting and
running a logging program like TR or NA, etc...DOS applications.
I want to be running guys on my frequency and adjusting the RIT to copy
guys calling.  I can not be running N4PY at the same time.

I wonder if TEN TEC might add it in a future release.

Jay

Jim McDonald wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Not in the Orion firmware but it can be done if you use N4PY's control
> program.  The choices that N4PY give you with the pod will amaze you.  He
> handles the RIT/XIT the "conventional" way too.  You might want to look at
> the documentation for his program, which is on a link at
> http://www.ralabs.com/n4py/.  His program overcomes many of the
> idiosyncrasies of the Orion firmware.
>
> Jim N7US

Jay Terleski
Array Solutions
972 203 2008
Military Communications Systems, Phased Arrays, RF Switches, Antennas &
Towers
http://www.arraysolutions.com