[Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion
From: "john, ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:06:30 -0500
[Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion
Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 7 08:35:22 EDT 2005

KE5C wrote:

 >if you're in s&p mode on the a vfo and main receiver, you tune to a
second s&p frequency on the b vfo and subreceiver?  when during a
contest would you do this?

         No, I'm normally running with VFO A = TX, Pod = RIT A
using Main RX.  When running is slow I'll simultaneous S&P
with VFO B = Sub RX.  For purely S&P, I often alternate
both VFO's, leaving one on the LID's who don't identify,
while continuing to tune with the other, basically leap-
frogging up or down the band with both VFO's.

i tried that a few times with n5tw's ft1000d and once with my orion
before tom got his orion.  the best thing about it was that it really
made me appreciate having full SO2R with matching radios -:)

73, john