Re: [Orion] ARRL

To: "'Martin, AA6E'" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>,"'orion'" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] ARRL
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:35:24 -0400

Thanks for your comments Martin.

I still use my marble base McElroy and my 1916 Blue Racer, I just happen to
think QRQ is more fun...besides, truthfully, my bug fist stinks.

I don't believe any QRQ'er specified or told the ARRL lab how to run their
evaluation test on all amateur radios. I believe that test method was
generated by the technical folks operating the lab. I'm not pointing this
out as a QRQ'er to 'save CW proefficiency'. We understand that we are an
extreme and voiceless minority in every corner of this hobby.

The question is why would the ARRL propose regulations wherein some of the
best radios, by their own test, would be moved out of the CW bands. The real
question is what is the ARRL really proposing here with these regulations?

I have no intention to 'lead a bandwagon' of protest against the ARRL
proposal, that is, and should be, up to each individual ham. History has
shown that the majority of hams would rather not get involved in the process
but certainly spare no time in complaining about 'what was done to them'.

This really has nothing to do with QRQ Martin, it has to do only with what
is being done to OUR hobby by the ARRL.

Tommy

W4BQF