Re: [Orion] ARRL

To: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] ARRL
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:24:02 -0400
Tommy,

I guess we've had this conversation before about ARRL.

I have to admit that I don't see the compelling case for restructuring
by bandwidth myself.  It has some logic, but you need more than that
to get the support of the community, because many of us will have to
change our ways a little.  We need a big payoff that most people can
see, and I'm not sure we're there yet.  On the other hand, I agree
that the automatic / semiautomatic digital stuff on HF is pretty
unhamlike.  And the digital voice and file transfer operations are
going to increase.  (They are more "hamlike" in my book.)

On the third hand, I've had the chance to spend time with some of the
League leadership recently, and I'm impressed with their dedication
and hard work, even if they can't please all the people all the time.
Who could?

My (off topic) 2 cents for the day.

73, Martin

--