Re: [Orion] Laptop to Orion, USB to serial adapter

To: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Laptop to Orion, USB to serial adapter
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:51:12 -0400
I have a Keyspan 4 port that works fine with the Orion.  However, I am
running Linux.  It's possible there is something funny about the
Windows drivers, but usually Linux is more tricky than Windows about
such things.  You might check the Keyspan web site to see if there is
a driver update for Windows.

I don't understand why WinXP Home should be different from the Pro
version for serial port operations.  Does anyone offer a reason?  I do
my Orion firmware update on WinXP Pro running as a virtual machine
under VMware with a Linux host and the Keyspan adapter connected to
Linux and then (virtually) to WinXP.  Surprisingly, no trouble with
that.  Knock on wood.

I trust you know your serial cable is good?

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net