Re: [Orion] Orion N4PY CW keying problems

To: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion N4PY CW keying problems
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:40:31 -0500
Jim,

In my N4PY program, the CW Dah weight control sets the Orion's internal
keyer weight setting.  The dit weight control and between character control
are no longer used and I should remove them.  Originally, the program would
form its own characters and attempt to key the Orion by timing each dit and
dah.  This never worked really well.  The Orion now has an interface that
allows actual  characters to be sent to the Orion instead.  When I converted
to this new keying system, I forgot to remove the two sliders mentioned.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC