[Orion] Orion N4PY CW keying problems

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion N4PY CW keying problems
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:55:25 -0500
Hi Gang,

I can't see any difference when I switch the Orion keyer between the
Curtis A and Curtis B keyer modes. With the Curtis B mode, if the
paddle is released when a dash is sent,  the keyer is supposed to
follow up with a dot. In other words, if the paddle is released when
sending the dash with the letter A, the keyer is supposed to follow
it up with a dot, turning the A into the letter R. In the Curtis A
mode, the A is completed, and no additional dot is sent. On my Orion
(v.1.372) there is no difference between the Curtis A and B modes.
The Orionsalways seems to be in the Curtis A mode.

A second problem: when using the N4PY progam to set the dot and dash
weights, and the characacter spacing weights,  nothing changes. The
sliders move, but the Orion doesn't change. Anybody else noticed this??

73,

Jim W8ZR