[Orion] Questions about Orion II

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Questions about Orion II
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 07:59:21 -0600
Can someone tell me if the following changes were made in the Orion II?

Can it automatically switch from both headphones on the main receiver to
stereo (right ear on other receiver) when turning on the sub receiver?
(This is how the Yaesu MP-series works.)

Are there different tuning rates by mode, as in the PROII (and OMNI VI?), so
that RTTY and CW have slower tuning rates than SSB?

Does the new CPU fix the problem of the receiver's sometimes going deaf when
switching band stacking registers when using N4PY's program?

Does the 302 remote tuning knob have any additional functionality or is the
N4PY program still needed for that?

Do the band stacking registers remember the AGC settings?  That way, one
band stacking register for SSB can keep the slow AGC, and a CW register can
have fast AGC.

Does the VFO tuning rate increase as the knob is rotated faster to quicken
large frequency changes (as the PROII does)?

Has the operation of the RIT and XIT changed?  Here's the note a sent months
ago to ditsnbits, the T-T software engineers' email address:

        After engaging the XIT and setting the offset, I turned on the RIT
but the offset is 0, not the offset already set with the XIT. When I turn
the RIT knob the XIT moves along with the RIT, maintaining a difference
between transmit and receive frequencies.

        The way every other radio I've ever used is the same offset is used
for both RIT and XIT, regardless of whether one is engaged first or they are
both initially engaged. Am I missing something or is this an enhancement
request?

Finally, can the VFO knobs on the radio be used with N4PY's program or is
the 302 remote VFO tuning knob still required to change frequency with a
knob?

The receiver in my Orion with the Inrad 762 600 Hz roofing filter in the
1000 slot is great, but I'm hoping that the above have been incorporated
along with the hardware changes.

Thanks!

Jim N7US