Re: [Orion] AV? (Re: Screen Saver)

To: "Mike Cheponis" <mac@Wireless.Com>,"Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] AV? (Re: Screen Saver)
From: "John T. Gwin" <jtgwin@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:51:25 -0600
And a coffee maker.
Don't forget a coffee maker.

-W4SK

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Cheponis
  To: Roy Koeppe
  Cc: Orion@contesting.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:46 PM
  Subject: [Orion] AV? (Re: Screen Saver)

  Well, I'm not quite so sure; I think there is a failure mode in these
"super-twist" panels where the crystals can assume rotation in a semi- if not
permanent way.  But I'm not a display expert.

  Perhaps TT could contact the vendor of the panel and check?

  ALSO, I find it astonishing in a rig this stunning that the the User's Manual
is not built-in, for instant recall to the screen.  Sure, I've read the manual
and understand how to use most things, but things that I use infrequently, it
sure would be helpful seeing how to do it in Text, Pictures, and Sound - that
is, a little AV presentation of each feature would be very nice.
  (Memory is cheap these days, so I don't see that as a problem.)

  Thanks -Mike K3MC