[Orion] More ramblings about 2.059d firmware

To: "Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] More ramblings about 2.059d firmware
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:36:05 -0700
Set the AGC slope to 2:10 and played for a while.  The Spot volume
didn't seem excessively loud as it did when I first tried it.  I
listened on SSB today and the NR does seem to improve things
considerably.

On CW, though, I am disappointed.  I did some A/B switching with an
Omni VI+ and the latter often sounded much cleaner on weak signals.
The v2.059d NR is unusable to me as it causes so much distortion.  At
higher settings, it wipes out weak and moderate signals altogether.
I could not find an occasion where it improved copy regardless of
settings (AGC slope, Hang, Decay, NR, RFgain).  Definitely increased
fatigue.

Gary W7TEA