Re: [Orion] More ramblings about 2.059d firmware

To: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] More ramblings about 2.059d firmware
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:34:29 -0400
Gary, I have to agree with you.

I originally posted that the NR was working better than ever, but with
more experience now, I see that it is clipping weak signals badly,
especially in high QRN conditions.  With stronger signals, it does
substantially reduce noise and behaves similarly to my the Dynamic Peak
feature on my JPS-12 audio DSP unit. On weak signals, I have
experimented with a range of AGC settings without success, but I'm still
working on it.

73, Joe
K2XX