Re: [Orion] Orion going to sleep

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion going to sleep
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:40:14 -0700
I've also experienced odd Orion I behavior recently, even after
installing 2.059 firmware. Occasionally, the radio wouldn''t seem to
hear any signals, even though I tuned across an active band. A little
investigation revealed that the VFO wasn't changing frequency (so
that the receiver stayed on the same frequency) even though the
display changed normally. If no stations were on that frequency, then
the band sounded dead.

A second recont problem is that the bandwidth on the sub-receiver
would stay locked on a wide setting, and the BW control wouldn't have
any effect.

Cycling the power cured both problems.

Jim W8ZR