Re: [Orion] Heil HC-4 vs HC-5?

To: <w3dq@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Heil HC-4 vs HC-5?
From: "Lee Armitage" <LEE@GJ.NET>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:53:18 -0700
Eric,

On Orion II

I use the Heil #5 element in the Heil light weight boomset with these
settings and get excellent reports and works well in DX pile ups. The #5
element and boomset is about 10 years old.

I am wanting good communication audio, not Hi Fi.

MIC 50
SP3
TX EQ: -3dB
H/W MIC Gain 0.0 dB
L.F.Rolloff  150 Hz

Mic is positioned half way down towards my chin and turned at 45 degrees
towards the mouth so I am speaking across the mic face.

Others tell me that using the H/W MIC Gain worked well for them, but when I
tried it the audio drive was too much and I just leave it at zero.

Lee Armitage N7FV
Western Colorado
970-234-8989