[Orion] TEN TECH's ultra linear feedback rf-amplifiers in ORIONreceiver

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] TEN TECH's ultra linear feedback rf-amplifiers in ORIONreceiver part
From: F3WT <ars.f3wt@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:49:24 +0200
Hi all,

Orion has in its receiver signal path quite a few of a what seems to
be a novel design of linear feedback rf-amplifier.
They are found at various places: in the filter bank, as pre-amp, and
after the first mixer for instance.
Its dc very stabelized polarization technique used seems interesting.
But its rf-feedback system seems even more.

  Norton - amplifiers or other feedback amplifiers such are pertty
much documented: as for example those in the book " Experimental
methods in RF design" with neutralization additions, large collector
current designs w. or w/o  paralleling  J310 transistors, etc... .
But I haven' t seen this before. I looks very innovative.

Does anybody know where it has been described (in patents, QEX
journal or other) if at all?
Particularely, what are the number of turns of that  baluns like 4
windings feedback transformer?
Does anybody have an indication?
Engineers can't refrain from opening the lid
Thanks.
Pierre.
F3WT.