Propagation

[Propagation] Prop Path Degradation For CQ WW DX SSB Contest

To: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: [Propagation] Prop Path Degradation For CQ WW DX SSB Contest
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:46:21 -0400
It appears that we will see "some" HF/MF higher latitude propagation path
degradation during the CQ WW DX
SSB Contest over the weekend. The culprit will be increasing geomagnetic
indices due to a geoeffective (Earth facing)
recurrent coronal hole and also due to the arrival of a semi halo coronal mass
ejection.

Our HF/MF bands have seen some outstanding propagation conditions during the
past week. Conditions on 160 meters have been the best
in many years. Unfortunately though the largest negative impact will be seen on
160 meters.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 33.6397 N 82 09 52.4052 W
kn4lf@arrl.net

PropNET Beacon Program: http://www.propnet.org
KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Frequency Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
KN4LF Amateur & SWL Radio History: http://www.kn4lf.com/index.htm

---