Propagation

[Propagation] Longpath QSOs between India and the North Americaneast coa

To: <propagation@contesting.com>, <dx-chat@njdxa.org>,<dx-list@yahoogroups.com>, <bernie@dailydx.com>, <k4vud@hotmail.com>,<dattatry_anr@sancharnet.in>
Subject: [Propagation] Longpath QSOs between India and the North Americaneast coast
From: "Dave" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:38:06 -0500
The VU4 propagation forecasts I published last week (see
http://www.ambersoft.com/Amateur_Radio/VU4/ ) show strong longpath openings
to the North American east coast on 17m, 15m, and 12m between 13Z and 19Z. A
few minutes ago, I worked Datta VU2DSI on both 21270 and 24950 using this
path. We were both using 3 element beams; Datta was running 80W, and I was
running 1200W. On 15m, he was a solid 57, and getting similar reports from
other US stations. On 12m, he was barely copiable here, and reported my
signal to be 33. Datta is located 300km east of Bombay in MK79ic. In his
experience, this longpath opening from VU to North America is common around
this time of year.

Hopefully the VU4 team will give this path a try over the remaining days.

Datta, thanks for the information and the nice QSOs!

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ