RFI

[RFI] TVI Help

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] TVI Help
From: Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <ehare@arrl.org (Hare, Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:05:00 -0500
>     Hi all:

>     I was operating during NA SSB Sprint Saturday night. 23 minutes into
>     the contesting when I got that dreaded knock on the door by my next
>     door neighbor complaining of TVI.

ARRL publishes an RFI pamplet, written specifically to help explain
interference to your neighbors.   To get a couple of copies, send an SASE to
the ARRL Technical Department Secretary, 225 Main St, Newington, CT  06111
along with a request for "2 RFI pamplets."

The text of this pamphlet is available on ARRL's Web page, but the actual
printed pamphlet is more effective with your neighbor than a downloaded Web
page, in most cases.

73 from ARRL HQ,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab

(Reid, noting you are an ARRL member in good standing, I tossed a few of the
pamphlets into the mail.  -- Ed)

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html