RFI

[RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor
From: Ray Antasek - NM6R" <nm6r@netfeed.com (Ray Antasek - NM6R)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:05:50 -0800
I was trying to keep a long story short.  In looking back, I did almost
everything correct right from the beginning.  The only thing I did that I
shouldn't have was to actually put ferrite chokes and filters on my
neighbors electronics.  There was never any harm done but I easily could
have gotten the credit for their eight year old TV going on the blink or
some such nonsense.  I'm still going to keep a LONG story short.  My
neighbors didn't want to hear that their cordless phone was RFI susceptible,
or that their thermostat was poorly engineered or that their remote
controlled ceiling fan was RFI susceptible.  In other words, there was no
telephone RFI without the cordless phone hooked up.  There was no heater
problems with a good thermostat hooked up.  They decided it was my station
causing the problem so they got the city involved.  Now they can live with
any RFI they might have.  They're not getting any more help from me.  That's
the way it's been for several years now.

73,
     NM6R - Ray

Check out our web site!
http://www.netfeed.com/~kt6ra