RFI

[RFI] software oscilloscope(?)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] software oscilloscope(?)
From: dgsvetan@collins.rockwell.com (dgsvetan@collins.rockwell.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:19:17 -0600

Pete,

My old Soundblaster 16 has built-in crude spectral analysis and an
oscilloscope function as part of its basic software package.  If you have a
Soundblaster, try opening up the options window where you have the audio
mixer and related control icons.  On the '16, there is a button to click
which cycles the display thru the spectrum display and 'scope functions.
As far as I know, it works for any active input of the sound card, so
coming in thru the "Line" jack should work.  It's not fancy, but it might
do what you want.  Newer cards might be more sophisticated.

73, Dale
WA9ENA

Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>@contesting.com on 02/04/2001 12:18:49 PM

Please respond to Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>