RFI

[RFI] RFI levels

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI levels
From: i4jmy@iol.it"<i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:20:30 +0100

> The levels for man made noise that are cited in the program are:
>
> -110.4 dBm - industrial
> -114.7 dBm - residential
> -120.0 dBm - rural
> -133.6 dBm - remote
>
> This presumably assumes an isotropic radiator.  I am guessing this is
a 3
> kHz bandwidth.

If I understand correctly, those numbers represent an external wide
band noise floor.
Being not a noise produced internally to a receiver (or by a low noise
instrument like a spectrum analyzer), it has not a great meaning to
specify a BW unless the receiver ground floor is actually comparable
with those numbers (hopefully not).

73,
Mauri I4JMY

--