RFI

[RFI] Flourscent Lighting

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Flourscent Lighting
From: Richard D. White" <Acts1x8@pacbell.net (Richard D. White)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:38:49 -0700
Hello to all -
Just wondered if anyone has any information
on just how much - if any - interference is given
out by these new replacement bulbs which fit
into a standard screw in lamp socket as for
an incandescent bulb, although they are
advertised as a fluorescent device.  Some are
manufactured by Phillips, some are other
brands.  Due to the major electric shortage
and high electrical bills out here in California,
I am considering changing some of the standard
incandescent bulbs out to save money; however,
I am concerned about the possibility of rfi
which might knock out my ham and swl activities.
Could anyone share some information with me
on these new bulbs.  Many thanks for any
information.

Rich White

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi