RFI

[RFI] Modern receivers not part of the problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Modern receivers not part of the problem
From: ka5s@earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:33:25 -0700
This is one thing that's gotten better. The IC-701 and IC-720 receivers
were not better than what we now buy, and a good thing, too.  Receivers
have improved a LOT since the first PLL synthesized, "Gee, we can do this
with a microprocessor!" rigs. Just look at the ARRL test archives to see
that. The reason they COST less is bootstrapping on improved, mass-market
technologies.

Cortland, KA5S