RFI

[RFI] USB Periperal problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] USB Periperal problem
From: na9d-2@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:09:59 -0500
Hi gang,

I have an older 10 Gb USB hard drive that I would like to use with my ham
shack computer for storing some of my archived files like contest logs,
databases, etc.  It's too slow an interface for much more.

The problem is that when I go QRO, the drive likes to unmount itself from
the computer.  I've put torroids on both the power cable to the drive and on
the USB cable but nothing works.  I am just at a loss as to how to bullet
proof the thing.

I have an external firewire drive on my Mac in the same room and it has no
problems.  So I don't know if it's the drive or the PC or what.  Oh yeah,
the PC has all kinds of torroids on I/O cables and does pretty well with the
RFI.

Any ideas?

73,

Jon