RFI

[RFI] s7-s9 noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] s7-s9 noise
From: ka5s@earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 9:10:17 -0800
I spent five years in telecom EMC design and testing recently; that
"ground" is merely a return path for induced currents.   House protectors
need a good LOCAL ground. How good? Using the GR-1089 surge waveform for an
example, it should be able to sink transients with rise time of a
microsecond. Protectors have to dump energy _somewhere_.

Cortland