RFI

[RFI] High noise level....

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] High noise level....
From: "Paul Walsh" <woly@wimpley.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:32:17 +0100
Hello All,
              I wonder if you could help me out with the following problem i
have got...

Since putting up my new antenna (2 ele quad) i have got a very high noise level
on 20m. Wether the antenna is at 25ft or 50ft it is just as strong at anywere
between S5 and S7. This is worst when beaming to the West. The noise is worst
on 20m, but it still is there on all other bands (10-20m) but the noise blanker
on my ft847 gets rid of it on those bands except 20m.
I wonder if there is any filters or something i can make or purchase to get rid
of the noise. As you can imagine this amount of noise drives me crazy when
trying to work anything from the west. Or is it something i will have to put up
with??

thanks in advance
Paul
G3PJV