The wire I got is shielded and twisted, it has foil plus a drain wire.
This will be replacing the cheap zip cord that came with the system that
is just hanging around the living room now.
The speakers don't appear to have any amplification in them, there is no
separate power supply for them and only two wire connection from the
receiver. I haven't taken one apart yet though.
I got two sizes of torroids from amidon, both type 77 material. Small
ones for the speaker wires and other cables (about 1" id) and bigger for
power cords (1.75" id I think). Those should give me good impedances
with reasonable numbers of turns I would think.
This system is in a bad spot and figuring out which bands were causing
what interference was tough during the fall contests... with 6 stations
turning antennas and blasting away at full power it can be confusing
trying to figure out which band is doing what. In any case I have 2
weeks of vacation and plan to point the bottom antennas at the house on
the high bands and use the closest wires for 80 and 160m... the low 40m
beam is about 90' up and 150' horizontally from the receiver and beams
right through it to Europe... I know that one causes problems.
Hopefully by the time the winter contests get here the off operators
can watch a movie without hearing cw or ssb from the tv.
David Robbins K1TTT
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://dxc.k1ttt.net
RFI mailing list