RFI

Re: [RFI] Quiet Shack PC Systems?

To: "Deni" <deni1@tiscali.fr>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Quiet Shack PC Systems?
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:58:20 -0500
> I'm always intrigued by the photos of other peoples shacks with the PC and
> monitor mounted right in among the radio gear.

Deni,

Every cable and wire in my shack, including power lines, enter through a
bulk-head feedthrough plate. All of my cable shield connections are good.
All of my antenna are at least a few hundered feet from the shack.

Unless I get a loose cable connection someplace, I can't hear any noise or
RFI from stuff in my house and I'm in a very quiet location.

Are you sure you don't have poor shield connections or ground loops? Are
your antennas very close to the shack or do you have common mode current
problems with antennas?

73 Tom

> I have a conventional tower and CRT monitor which creates nasty QRM in my
HF