RFI

[RFI] 120v halogen lights

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] 120v halogen lights
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:14 -0500
I spoke too soon -- the 120 volt halogens are quiet, all right, but they also don't put out enough light to function as task lighting -- much less than the low voltage lights do. So it's back to the drawing boards. There must be some technological reason why they aren't as bright.

Does anyone have brand name and/or model information on halogen or xenon under-cabinet lights with "magnetic transformers" that are reasonably priced? The only such transfomers I've been able to find on the web are much larger units that are intended to power extensive arrays of low-voltage lights. They are wire-in designs in steel boxes and what I need is something much less elaborate.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
will be back soon -- watch this space