RFI

Re: [RFI] Protecting our frequencies

To: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Protecting our frequencies
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 07:14:51 -0700
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:04:41 -0500, EDWARDS, EDDIE J wrote:

>Everything you said about the Satellite bands also applies to the HF/VHF
>bands as well.

One huge difference is our HF bands have little or no commercial value,
just the opposite of the UHF/SHF bands.

>Are you also appalled that a few tinkering HF hams would
>stand in the way of the usefulness of HF-BPL for the majority of
>citizens?  Using your logic, you should be.

Unlike many sky-is-falling hams, I see BPL as a non-issue for two
reasons:

1.  FCC rules say we are absolutely protected from interference from
BPL.

2.  Wireless in the GHz region is going to become the dominant mode
within a few years.  Large amounts of $$$ are being poured into
developing WiMax and other systems and I believe they will totally
replace BPL.

Opinions may differ, but those are mine.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW