RFI

[RFI] BPL article

To: lstanton@tr.com
Subject: [RFI] BPL article
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:50:26 EDT
>From your article:

"If I go with dynamic notching, I might not have any
[frequency for] BPL  left."

That is precisely the point.  The entire HF spectrum is allocated to
licensed users (not just ham radio operators).  Check out
_http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=2682_
(http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=2682)

Where does BPL think it will fit?

"As for allegations that BPL poses a risk of interference with  amateur
radio operations, Alan Richenbacher, chief network architect at  PPL
Telcom, said his company had deployed BPL to 16,000 homes and  received
only four interference complaints."

Not true - BPL trials in both the US and abroad have caused substantial
interference.  Several foreign countries have outlawed BPL.  BPL  trials in the
US
have been shut down because of the interference.  For an  example of a ham
related shutdown check out
_http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/08/17/2/?nc=1_
(http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/08/17/2/?nc=1)

Seems you have been fed the wrong "facts."

Craig  Buck
130 Caroline St.
Fredericksburg, VA  22401