RFI

[RFI] PME (Was: Earth isolation)

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] PME (Was: Earth isolation)
From: "George Shaw" <george.shaw@ukf.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:04:39 +0100
Folks great info, I learnt a lot, though my original question got lost
somewhere in the math :-) thanks to all who contributed to the discussion.

The original question was more to do with interference caused by a nearby Tx
antenna used by another radio operator (not a ham) getting to my audio
equipment which is connected to my TxRx. My own equipment is near quiet as I
have proven when the neighbour was not operating. I suspect that my mains is
picking up the Tx from next door, I was thinking of a mains filter, what
type, who makes them (240V-50Hz)

Now another question. Any thoughts or comments/data on Protective Multiple
Earthing systems and interference or use near/in radio installations?

Also anyone ever had a electricity supply board timer (used to change for
daytime high rate to evening/night time low rate) cause interference to
radio or telephone circuits by introducing a click, click, click steady
repeated sound?

--
George Shaw MI3GTO / 2I0GTO

" Any Sufficiently Advanced Technology
is Indistinguishable from Magic"
                          ---Arthur C. Clarke

Mobile: +44 (0) 7740 361 163
Email: george.shaw@ukf.net
Fax & Voicemail: +44 (0) 871 242 5365
EchoLink & eQSO (101English) connected 24/7