RFI

[RFI] TVI fix?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] TVI fix?
From: "John Rader" <k5xtx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:21:45 -0500
I relocated the tower at my QTH. This put the feedline closer to my TV but located the antenna higher. The tower base is against the back wall of our house and a few feet from a 52" Mitsubishi projection TV fed by DirecTV. This TV is now experiencing what I think is fundemental overload. The picture is badly distorted and audio is present even with the TV muted.

With my previous install I was able to eliminate TVI to this TV and some computer speakers by changing a bad feedline, or adding some chokes to speaker lines. The TV in the shack (fed by the same DirecTV) has never had TVI and it is next to amps, tuners, and a end-fed wire, so I don't think the TVI is due to spurs. The shack is about 50' from the house.

My guess is I am going to have to add some serious RFI protection to the TV. Where should I start?
John K5XTX