RFI

Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:49:00 -0500
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:25:46 -0700, Bob Tellefsen wrote:

>If you have one or two toroids to spare, I suggest an experiment.
>Take some inductance measurements on the toroids with a few turns of
>wire on them.

Unless 1) our labor is worth only a few pennies per hour or 2) you want to
reinvent the
wheel, or 3) you want to turn this into a science project, I STRONGLY suggest
that you
proceed as follows. 1) STUDY the Fair-Rite catalog. 2) Choose the parts that
will do you
job. 3) Do a search for distributors on their website, and ask for a quote on
some
reasonable quantity (20-50 is a good start). I strongly suspect you will be
quite surprised at
how cheap they are when you don't try to buy onesey-twosey. And if you have
chosen the
parts well, you will find lots of other uses for them both in your own home and
those of your
friends.

Jim Brown  K9YC