RFI

[RFI] Re: Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine RFI update

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Re: Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine RFI update
From: David Garnier <dgarnier@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:16:58 -0600
I think Mr. Klotz's experience should be a lesson to all of us
Unfortunately, as a consumer you have owned this particular
device way past the point of getting your money back. Get
Whirlpool to swap these guys out for a conventional washer
Dryer pair. I certainly would be damned if I had to build a
“screen room” around any electric appliance in my house!!!
Sorry, it's still buyer beware. (There has never been, nor
ever will be, any compact florescent lights in my house.)

I like the direction Mr. Richmond was going, I would go
further. Your PCB photographs are way out of focus
to positively determine whether there are any clock
oscillators, I think there's one near that quad flat pack
device. _This is a digital device_ and Whirlpool is
required to meet FCC regulations concerning digital
devices, besides this is a consumer product and that
sounds a lot like Class B limits. Maybe one the ARRL
volunteer lawyers are tired working on antenna restrictions
cases. Maybe Riley at the FCC could give you a direction
to go.

My recommendation are to start some basic emi experiments.
On the other hand, I shudder at the thought of not knowing
know your expertise. (Top loader, 120 Vac, water pressure,
spinning things, water leaks, yikes!) Buy a conventional
washer dryer pair or give up hf.

73’s & GL

dave garnier - wb9own