RFI

[RFI] Magnecor Ignition Wires

To: wa3gin@erols.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Magnecor Ignition Wires
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:24:43 EST

In a message dated 3/21/2005 8:45:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wa3gin@erols.com writes:

I'd  start with Magnecor spark wires that are designed to reduce
interference  to Ham Radios, etc.

Check out   http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm and learn all
about spark plug  wires and the hipe that goes with most of  them.

73,
dave
wa3gin

I looked over the Magnecor web site.  Although I may have missed  something,
I did not see an explanation of the principle that make these wires  RFI
special.  Any thoughts?

For my vehicle (1996 Ford Windstar) they list 8 mm and 8.5 mm sets ($84 and
$119 respectively).  Is there any reason to do the more expensive 8.5mm
version vs. the 8 mm version?

Does anybody have any experience with these wires to offer an improvement
figure ( how many dB's better) ?

73  -  Jim   K8MR