RFI

[RFI] Subwoofer RFI in stereo and computer speakers

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Subwoofer RFI in stereo and computer speakers
From: K6HCJ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:44:04 EST
Haaalppppp!!!  My neighbor 2 doors away (300 feet?) is  experiencing RFI in
his stereo subwoofer and in his computer speakers.  2  separate issues.

I would like some ideas how to tackle the problem.  I've only worked  with
him on the computer issue at this point.

1.  I've only been on 40 CW
2.  Problem begins at apx 100 W and really gets louder at 700 W.
3.  Tried Radio Shack 273-104 square toroids.  Seem to help at  100 W level.
4.  Can't seem to get any "real" help from Amidon on which toroid  mix to
choose.  I need clamshell  type or toroids that clamp  around the wire rather
than beads.
My station is grounded through an 8 foot ground rod.  I have a  Bencher LP
filter and I don't get into my own computer or stereo system.   This leads me
believe my signal is being radiated.
Whatever help the group can render is welcome.
Many thanx,
Marv Fagenson, K6HCJ